By: Cindy Cima Edwards
This tutorial will show how to use Iced Enamels on small charms and how to create a handmade hook clasp.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR GREEN PENDANT:
1. Apply a thin coat of Iced enamel medium to a heart charm. Sprinkle some Iced enamel powder into charm. Pour excess powder back into container.
2. Heat with heat gun until appears glassy or begins to bubble. Use tooth pic to remove the powder from sides of charm.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with another color of Iced enamels for part of the charm if desired.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 with remaining charms.
5. Mix ICE Resin® following manufacturer's instructions. Apply resin to the heart charms using a tooth pic and apply slowly.
6. Lay out your charms and beads in desired pattern and create wrapped loops for all the dangles. Attach to the chain using jumprings. Attach a larger jumpring to one end of the chain.
HANDMADE HOOK CLASP:
1. Cut a 3 1/2" segment of 16 gauge wire. Use chain-nose pliers to make a bend at the middle. Use round-nose pliers to create a wrapped loop.
2. Use a hammer to create a 1/4" paddle on the other end of the wire and create a small simple loop.
3. Bend the wire around a sharpie (at the middle of the wire). Slightly bend the wire just above the wrapped loop using chain-nose pliers. Hammer the curve section and the bottom of the wrapped loop to flatten just a bit.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Cindy Cima Edwards is a published jewelry designer and a member of the 2012-2013 ICE Resin® Creative Team!
"Designing jewelry provides me with the creative outlet I have searched for most of my life. It allows me the freedom to create with little-to-no rules, using endless combinations of color and textures, as well as continue to learn new skills and techniques".
Would you like to design a project for our website? All designers will get full credit, links to their website and a gift certificate to spend any way they like at B'sue Boutiques website. Contact B'sue for details at firstname.lastname@example.org